Do you have a strategic vision, organisational abilities and a results-driven approach? Work experience as a general manager or similar in the oil and gas, renewables, offshore or other related heavy industry and are you fluent in English and Dutch? Then you might be our new General Manager Rental, Service and Sales for IHC IQIP in Shanghai!
In this challenging position, you will be responsible for managing our rental, sales and service office in Shanghai (China). This office, which will consist of six sales, service and administration employees, was founded only recently (2018). IHC IQIP, based in The Netherlands, has a long and extensive track record in China and currently holds a leading position in the market. Business is rapidly increasing in the country, as well as in Taiwan. Therefore, to further develop the Shanghai office we require an experienced General Manager Rental, Service and Sales Shanghai. In this full-time role, you will be responsible for the office’s day-to-day operations, as well as the overall development of the company. As the General Manager Rental, Service and Sales Shanghai, you will be responsible for:
• managing sales, service and administrative activities
• developing policies to continuously improve the overall performance, including with regards to controls, productivity and efficiency
• defining and implementing strategies and policies to further develop the region’s markets in order to meet IHC’s long-term objectives and IQIP’s business plans
• representing IQIP’s company interests towards all (third) parties including prospects
• daily tasks, including:
- managing, coaching and supporting the sales and service staff, as well as subcontractors
- providing competitive leadership and performance in order to deliver quality on time
- safeguarding procedures and processes as defined in IQIP organisational policies and manuals±
- developing and executing new ideas regarding project approach, processes and methodologies, while preserving the current ones
- making sure that projects are executed within budget, on schedule and according to our quality standards, as well as meet the customers’ requirements and specifications
- further developing the local business
- analysing financial reports and taking actions to continuously improve the company.
To be successful in this role you must be aware of and have respect for cultural differences and have experience managing small groups of professionals. Furthermore, you must have the following profile and characteristics:
• higher vocational education (HBO) and/or academic higher education (WO), in e.g. mechanical engineering or business administration
• at least five years of work experience as a general manager, or in a similar position in the oil and gas, renewables, offshore or other related heavy industry
• fluency in Dutch and English both written and verbal is required
• an excellent grasp of Mandarin is a big plus
• strategic vision, organisational abilities and a results-driven approach
• strong coaching and leadership skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit
• customer-oriented attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to build productive relationships.
Please note, an online assessment and screening will form part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with an EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
IHC IQIP offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, housing and travel allowance, pension, training courses and at least 21 days of leave per year (excluding the public holiday provided by the State of China).
As General Manager Rental, Service and Sales, you will work in the Shanghai office of IHC IQIP. IHC IQIP is an IHC business unit which is formed in 2015 by combining four former IHC business units IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems, IHC Sea Steel and IHC Fundex Equipment. Through our combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP design, build and supply fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations and foundations in the oil & gas, offshore wind and coastal & civil market. At IHC IQIP, we offer an innovative and complete range of equipment, such as hydraulic piling hammers, noise mitigation systems, offshore installation and removal equipment, subsea installation and positioning frames, and multifunctional foundation rigs. In addition, we offer advice and a comprehensive service provision to our customers. Today, we have over 400 employees who work in various locations in Europe, America, Asia and Australia. For more information about IHC IQIP, please check ihciqip.com and linkedin.com/company/ihc-iqip.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of General Manager Rental, Service and Sales Shanghai and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: royalihc.com/careers or by using the 'Apply' button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.